Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blah, blah, blah...

I've changed my mind. Originally, I wasn't going to talk about anything today, instead I was just going to recommend that you read one of the fine weblogs and websites I mention below, left.

Then I actually went and READ one of those websites myself. It was the Huffington Post. And what I read made me mad. You can check it out for yourself here. It was about how President Bush deported himself Sunday night on 60 minutes. I believe one of the quotes was, "looking like a stoned teenager, with a lopsided grin on his face, as he described how" American youths were dying in Iraq trying to carry out his failed policies.

I've known, from the get-go, that this creep was a fiasco. But what can you do? He got elected. Period. He stole it the first time and squeaked by the second time and he is the President and Commander in Chief. It's not my job to like it, but it is my job to accept it.

Except, it's awfully hard to accept that this monumental business failure and outright lousy human being has been handed the plenipotentiary power and majesty of the People of the United States of America, to do with as he will until his term of office is over.

It's hard to accept that this control freak, untreated alcoholic and blue-blooded coward represents the sovereign will of The Nation.

It's awfully hard to accept that George W. Bush is anything other than America at its absolute worst.

And we elected him. We allowed it to happen. We sat by, complacent as shit, and voted our wallets rather than our hearts. We did this thing. And, as it unfolds, today, tomorrow and even 10 years from now, we will have no one to blame for it but ourselves.

At least when Clinton lied... nobody died.

No comments: