Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pennsylvania Polka!

Oh, you must see this. It's the "Mormon Polygamists Wives Calendar" for 2008. It's so wrong, but it feels so right. Click HERE right now.

Oh, alright, on to Pennsylvania. Most people don't think about Pennsylvania very much but if they do at all they usually think about Punxatawney Phil, the Philly Phanatic, artery-hardenin' Cheesesteaks, the Pittsburgh Steelers, New Year's Mummers Parades and Independence Hall (where something happened, a long, long time ago).

That about sums up what most folks know about Pennsylvania.

Today, however, the eyes of an anxious nation are fixed upon the Keystone State (Misnomer. Pennsylvania is one of a handful of Commonwealths (not states) here in the east, the others being Massachusetts and Virginia).

Hillary and Barack are locked in a death-grip in PA today. They've been flinging televised nasty-grams at each other for the past week (and I got to enjoy them because I live in the no-man's-land between Philly and New York and so I get all the stations from both markets). It got ugly. But, to their credit, for the last 2 days things have lightened up... slightly... between them.

Hillary will most likely carry the primary (but not by much). But the thing to watch, so I'm told, is the popular vote. For as goes the vote, so go the superdelegates you've heard so much about.

Frankly, I wish the whole thing was over. One thing you can count on us Democrats to do in any election year is to eat our own young.

I want the war in Iraq to be over, now. I want universal health care, now.

Oh, and I'd really like to have a national law that people must purchase automobile insurance NOT on the basis of how old they are, or where they live, but, rather, on how many miles they drive every year. It seems to me that people who drive a bajillion miles every year should pay more than the little old lady who only takes Bessie out for a spin every Saturday to pick up groceries.

Next down the wish-list is the usual gay agenda stuff; repeal of DADT, universal legality of gay partnerships (call 'em whatever the hell you want to call 'em, I just want 'em to be in full parity with what the Hets got) and for everybody to be really nice to each other.

Like that'll happen. Like any of that'll happen.

It won't happen.

Why do I bother to care?

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I dunno. I don't know why I care either. Hope springs eternal? I DO believe in fairies? Sometimes it just feels like too damn much work to care, doesn't it.

JoyZeeBoy said...

Yeah. Now it look like things are just going to drag on and on until we are all finally nauseated by the unending convention from Hell.

I'll say one thing for the Repuglicans. They sure know how to suck it up and jump on the bandwagon!

The fargin' bastidges.