Thursday, May 31, 2007

Signs from HP

In exactly 599 days we will finally be rid of that incompetent nincompoop who currently occupies the office of the President of the United States. Maybe, then, we can get ourselves a real President.

Or another incompetent nincompoop. Generally speaking, that seems to be whom we mostly elect to public office in this country. Incompetent nincompoops with the occasional breath of fresh air thrown in for good measure. But they're rarities.

I suppose it's a good sign that Fred Thompson is throwing his hat into the Republican ring. The Republican Party seems to have a real taste for actors as candidates (Reagan, Schwarzenegger, George Murphy). They always seem to strike gold with their actors, while simultaneously managing to blast the rest of Hollywood as a bunch of Commie activists.

The Republicans are real good at that sort of thing. Blasting Clinton for adultery... while committing adultery (but it's DIFFERENT, you see...)

I'm not saying there isn't plenty of hypocracy to go around, I'm just saying that the Republicans seem to have managed to turn it into an art form.

Anway, there are "signs" everywhere that things are about to change... big time. Dubya has committed two major faux pas in the last few days with "the base." First, he backed Immigration Reform, which really raises the hackles of the base. Secondly, he asked Congress to DOUBLE funding for AIDS... after he leaves office, of course.

He's clearly hedging his post-Presidency bets, hoping to put one last coat of lipstick on the PIG of his Presidency. Apparently, our shitheaded President has started to think about his legacy.

Or else he's gotten another "vision" from his Higher Power... and it scared him.

Now, speaking of signs from Higher Powers, I think mine might be sending me some signals. I have diligently shopped for real estate for the last few weeks. As you may recall I fell in love with the first place I looked at, the one with the fabulous paint job.

See my blog from earlier this month: "Cheap Tarts" for a picture of the living room.

Well, guess what. It turned up again yesterday, on the internet, at $5,000 LESS than the asking price from two weeks ago. It's now less than $200k (well, it's $199k). I sent an e-mail to my real estate agent asking her if she could find out what time they closed the pool at night, since my major concern was the noise level outside the bedroom window late at night. She called me an hour ago. They close the pool at 7:30 p.m. every night.

I could live with that.

Love the paint job, love the balcony, love the space, love the pool, love the price.

Do you believe in signs?

I DO! (But, being a typical Doubting Thomas... I'll sleep on it.)

2 comments:

Libdrone said...

sounds like you are very close to going for it. This is the colorfully painted place? (I liked that one.)

It seems odd to me that the pool would close so early (gazing out at the bright sun at going on 9pm) but it makes sense to me that the owner's (collectively) might prefer that.

(awaiting the housewarming invite)

JoyZeeBoy said...

Yup, that's the place. And donchoo worry yer pretty little head about it, you and yer huzband will be cordially invited to come stay for awhile.

This all presumes, of course, that they accept my bid.

Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but I've added your blog to my list of preferred daily reading on my blog.