Monday, April 09, 2007

Too Pooped

Today's poster is copyright © Austin Cline. You can visit his website here.

Austin has done a terrific job of taking old "wartime" posters from both WWI and WWII and photoshopping the hell out of the copy in them. I fell in love with them when I first saw them.

Anyway, I'm really tired this morning. It's probably because I'm getting old. Or, it could be because of the dumb weather (zero one day, 80 the next). Or, it could have something to do with the amount of sleep I get (or don't).

I don't know why, but I seem to get more sleep on weeknights than I do on weekends.

Because I work in Manhattan and live in central New Jersey, I have to devote most of my Saturday's to doing the necessary things to maintain life, such as cooking and cleaning, laundry, doctor's appointments, auto maintenance stuff, etc. Believe me, none of that happens on weeknights. When I get home from the office, generally between 6:45 and 7:15 every evening, I'm too pooped to do anything except raid the fridge, flop into my favorite chair and channel surf until it's bed-time, somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00 p.m.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

On top of that, I can't just hop into bed on Friday or Saturday night's at the same time I jump into bed the rest of the week! That would be shocking, scandalous, unthinkable!!! I must stay up and at least try to pretend that have a life! Don't I?!!!

Rhetoric aside, when the alarm went off this morning, at 4:45 a.m., I was definitely NOT ready for Prime Time. And even though I slept another 45 minutes or so on the bus ride in, I'm still ready to take a little nappy-poo for, oh, say, another 3-4 hours.

You'd think I'd make up for it during vacations. But, nah... not me. I'm way too excited to actually sleep on vacations. Besides, when I'm on vacation, usually with friends I haven't seen in months, I'm terrified I might "miss something" exciting that might happen while I'm passed out.

Sigh.

I guess too pooped is the price we pay for living exciting and glamourous lives!

I don't know about anyone else, but MY "gay agenda" definitely includes more rack-time, and not rack-time of the "recreational" variety, either.

I'm past the point of needing sleep. I need to be in a coma for awhile.

No comments: