Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rainy Days and Sundays

"From God’s lips to His ears" Copyright © Austin Cline

Doesn't it seem like Dubya has always been President? I know it sure seems that way to me. Just like it seemed like Ronnie Rayguns had been President forever, too!

I'm sure it seems highly disrespective of me to refer to Ronnie that way but he was, after all, just an unemployed actor when he got the best gig of his career. I should know. I'm a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild, too.

Just like the Governator.

And speaking of governors, I'd like to ask everyone out there who believes in such things, to put in a good word with the Deity of their choice on behalf of our New Jersey governor, Jon Corzine, who wasn't wearing his seat belt. I hope he's okay. And I hope they give his ass a ticket for $76.00 for not wearing his seat belt. Seventy-six bucks is nothing to Jon Corzine. When he got ousted as the Chairman of Goldman Sachs, he was a jillionaire. He still is.

On a totally different subject, I hope you all noticed a new design element in my website today. It's just over there on the left. I've added a feed from Accu-Weather. You can add one to your websites too. It's easy. Drop by the Accuweather website and check it out.

Weather has, obviously, been on my mind. Yesterday (Saturday) was beautiful here in New Jersey. So, naturally, I went to the movies, because I really like sitting alone in the dark for hours on end, stuffing my face with junk-food and mentally checking out of life. Particularly on a beautiful Spring day! I can't help it. It's the alcoholic in me.

Anyway, that was yesterday. Today we're in the midst of a monsoon here in glorious New Jersey, the Garden State. They're predicting that half the beaches will be gone by Monday. Not to worry! The Army Corps will be around to suck up half the ocean bed and redeposit it on the shore in plenty of time for the big Memorial Day kickoff to the summer season!

But it is pretty icky out and I'm seriously considering not going to my usual Sunday morning 12-Step meeting. Not that bad weather ever kept me indoors when I was drinking. Hell, I would've roller-skated over five miles of broken glass in the midst of a hurricane in order to have gotten a cocktail, way back when.


So I guess I'll go, after all. I suppose that going to the meeting, even if I don't feel like it, is kind of like putting on my "sober seatbelt." Sure, I might not need it, but why risk it?

Have a beautiful day, no matter what the weather is like wherever you are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always read your posts and they are always uplifting, even when you are having a bad day. I appreciate that so much. I am in a place in my life where an emotional boost is badly needed. Thank you for helping with that.

JoyZeeBoy said...

Thank you for those kind words. It's very humbling to realize that I might have something to offer you in your time of need.

I hope and pray that your troubles will ease and that your life will get better soon.

I'm going to modify my profile to include an e-mail address. Please feel free to use it, if you wish.