Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Something Old, Something New, Something Used

No, I'm not running off to LA to get married. I'm referring to yesterday's blog about Senator McCain. I started to have little guilt-icks last night about posting it, thinking that maybe I was "swift-boating" him.

And after I thought about it for awhile I suddenly realized that I WAS swift-boating him and for a very good reason. Because he deserves it.

Now, as for today. Well, actually, about last night. My brother called me around 7:30 and said that he'd FINALLY gotten a firm commitment out of his next door neighbor and they were wondering if they could come over to my place tonight and pick up the

10 TON SONY TV FROM HELL.

At long last. It's been sitting on my coffee table for the better part of a month now. And even though I'm the world's worst housekeeper, even I was starting to feel annoyed by it's presence.

Now it just remains to be seen whether or not they show up. AND that they're able to wrangle this thing down the winding stairs of the decrepit Victorian I share with the landlady's granddaughter and her boyfriend.

Let us all hope and pray to God that it departs, safely, and gives my brother as many years of faithful and flawless service as it's given me (7 years).

It's getting to be that time of the year when I love to undertake projects I should've finished years ago. Like putting 40 year old photos into albums. Or converting 40 year old vinyl recordings into digital tracks on my PC, which I can then burn onto CDs. And let me tell you exactly how long it takes to lose interest in THAT mind-numbing little chore! Then, of course, there's the most odious job of all:

HAULING OLD COMPUTER CRAP TO THE RECYCLING CENTER

And I have GOT to find someplace I can take my old bedroom carpet to have cleaned and returned to me, rolled on a huge cardboard tube and wrapped in paper until I decide what to do with it.

And, finally, I have to have the big, comfy chair and sofa bed re-upholstered.

That ought to kill all summer, except for vacation.

Who has time to shop for a boyfriend??

No comments: