Friday, March 27, 2009

Tonight, tonight....


won't be just any night, tonight I'm seeing "West Side Story" at the Palace theater on Broadway. (Friday, March 27, 2009)

Many years ago I heard the late, great, Jerry Orbach say, "the two most beautiful words in the English language are MUSICAL COMEDY". And the show he was in when he said it was, "42nd Street." Beside the point. He was absolutely right.

It is certainly the most vibrant art-form of the 20th century. Keep your painters and sculptors. Keep your depressing playwrights. Give me a composer, a score, a chorus, dancers and tons of giant production numbers, and I'll be happy.

I'll try to find time to do a full review over the weekend.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

You are SO gay! LOL.

JoyZeeBoy said...

Yes, and I can now honestly admit that I'm getting GAYER by the day.

Which has nothing to do with getting any action, cuz' I ain't gettin' any action, if you know what I mean. :-)

Bev Sykes said...

Trust me. I know what you mean!