Monday, March 02, 2009

But it's March fer cryin' out loud...



9:00 a.m., Monday, March 2, 2009. From my living room window. Click on the photo to "embiggen" it (which my friend Joe J. over at Joe.My.God likes to say.)

I woke up at 5:00 a.m., looked outside and said to myself, "ain't no way I'm truckin' into NYC today." Then I turned on the local news. The NYC schools are closed, and they never close the schools in New York. So it was bad. I went back to bed for another hour, got up and checked the weather again. Still snowing. I called the office and left a voicemail saying that I wouldn't be in today.

Then, of course, being the good little alkie that I am, I showered, shaved, dressed, went out and dug the car out and drove off to a 12-Step meeting that meets at 7:00 a.m., six days a week in the local Presbyterian Church. The diehards were all there. The amateurs always stay home.

They say we're going on daylight savings time this coming weekend and that Spring is merely 3 weeks off.

Somebody should tell Mother Nature that winter is over. Like She cares.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

Jeri was expecting a foot of snow and was thrilled that all school (even colleges) were closed for the day, so she gets a day to stay home and grade papers.

Here it's only raining.