Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Off-Line

Tomorrow I'm having my prostate removed by a robot. Okay, it's got help in the form of a surgeon, Dr. David Samadi at Mount Sinai Hospital here in New York City.

I have to be there at 10:00 a.m. Surgery is scheduled for noon. I expect to be discharged on Thursday. I'll be living with friends in Queens for about a week, until they remove the catheter. Then I can go home to New Jersey. I'll be out of the office for anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks.

I'll post when I can over the next week, but I doubt if it'll be regularly.

If anybody out there is the praying sort, I'd appreciate it if you'd shoot a prayer towards whatever Higher Power you believe in to smile favorably in my direction over the next couple of weeks.

Take care and hug somebody you love and tell them that you love them. Don't put it off. Do it right now.

2 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

I've been holding you in my heart and praying for you ever since I heard the news, and especially at meetings of the fellowship. You are in many hearts here in Korea.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} ~ Sil

JoyZeeBoy said...

Thanks, ~Sil. It obviously worked. I'm feeling so much better now. Wednesday the tube comes out and I'll get the pathology report (which should be ... okay, if not great) and I'll be gratefully able to go home to convalesce.

I love my friends, but there's nothing like your own bed to make you feel warm and cozy.

Love,

-R