Sunday, September 30, 2007

Aging Gracefully (yeah, right)

My hero, Jake over at Nofo, recently blogged about having had lipo done. He looks fab and apparently took up jogging - now marathoning - to keep his new, boyish, figure. His breathtaking and refreshing honesty about such a personal subject impressed me so much that I wondered if I still had time to get some restorative stuff done to my face and midriff.

Then I saw the above photo posted on TMZ. Somebody has developed a bad case of Michael Jackson's disease (My Name is Carrot Top and I'm a plastisurgi-botox-steroid-aholic).

I read someplace yesterday (I never remember my sources for the really good stuff) that George Orwell, of all people, once opined that people "get the face they deserve by the time they're 50." (He wouldn't know. He had the good sense to die when he was 48.)

So I immediately ran into the bathroom to have a good, middle of the day, look.

Honey, I don't know who I pissed off but ain't nobody deserves to see what I saw staring back at me.

My friend Jan once confided to me that one morning she'd stepped out of the shower in her fog filled bathroom, sans glasses, and momentarily forgot about the full-length mirror on the back of the bathroom door. "Mmmmom???" she stammered.

I could relate.

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I should be so lucky to look like "Mom." I'm thinking of having all the mirrors in the house removed. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think you look jes' fine.

JoyZeeBoy said...

I like the idea of removing all the mirrors! Or just cover 'em. I could pretend I'm sitting shiva (for my lost youth -- okay, I'm not Jewish either).

Thanks for the compliment, mon belle soeur.

Libdrone said...

remembering remark I used to make frequently about michael jackson being only black boy I ever saw turn into a white girl.

carrot top's new look is scary. though honestly I was never a fan

JoyZeeBoy said...

Heheheheh.

I'm with you. I never understood the fascination with CT. Or Gallagher, for that matter.

Anybody who does "prop" comedy, I guess.