I'm too lazy to come up with anything on this Yom Kippur (the office is as a dead as a dodo), so I'm stealing this meme from my friend Bev
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Gas. We use entirely too much gas.
2. Do you miss being a child?
Nope. Not a single, solitary part of it. Although I do act out childishly at times – and entertainment-wise I’m stuck in the 6th Grade (still love horror movies and amusement parks).
3. Chore you hate the most?
Cleaning the bathroom.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I would prevent my mother from meeting my father.
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Some unfortunate, less than 30 year old, nun. She had a roomful of screaming 6 year olds to contend with. I think she wound up having a nervous breakdown. I don’t blame her.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Exactly what I’m doing.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I never had a plan. I grew up in an alcoholic family. We weren’t big on planning, so I never learned how.
9. How many colleges did you attend?
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was the next one in the rotation.
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I sense that they’ve dropped a couple of cents a gallon recently. That’s a good thing.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Here we go again.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I never remember the last thought. I drop off pretty quickly.
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
No, but I have been crashed into.
16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Yes. I would become a professional recovering alcoholic and spend all of my time attending committee meetings and answering phones at call centers. I would become a Spiritual Star. This is why God never lets me win the lottery. I still have a lot of growing to do, and a lot of humility to obtain, before I’m ready for a life of leisurely recovery.
17. Get up early or sleep in?
The alarm goes off at 4:35 a.m. every weekday. On weekends my internal alarm let’s me sleep in until at least 5:30.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Bullwinkle J. Moose.
19. Favorite thing to do at night with a guy/girl?
Heh. You’re kidding, right?
20. When did you first start feeling old?
At 25. I sobbed through the entire year. I was crushed at being an entire quarter of a century old.
21. Favorite lunch meat?
22. What do you get every time you go into WalMart?
What’s a WalMart? Is that like Sam’s Club? I always buy crap at Sam’s Club, which is why I limit my visits to Sam’s Club.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
“Marriage” is a religious ritual, specifically designed to gussy-up the ancient businesslike matter at hand – the co-joining of wealth and property among, generally warring, factions. Personally, I’d like to see us adopt the European model, left to us by Napoleon; i.e. a lovely, but superfluous, religious ceremony followed by a trip to City Hall for the actual signing of the contracts.
24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
I don’t have any secret vices, movie-wise. Certain movies I will always stop to watch while channel-surfing include: “2001 A Space Odyssey” and “Gosford Park”
25. What's your favorite drink?
Crystal Lite – Raspberry Ice. I luv that stuff.
26. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Nobody. High school sucked and I’m glad it’s over.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
101.5 in central NJ.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Neither. “Mad Men”, “House”, “Fringe”, “American Dad” & “Lost.”
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Telling Rick Zimmerman that I didn’t love him. I did. That was my disease talking. That was 36 years ago and there isn’t a month that goes by that I don’t think about that.
30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from/next to you at work?
Kathy? Yes. She’s a pisser.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Only during training exercises in the Navy. The Navy was very big on firefighting skills – for everyone (including admirals).
32. Last book you finished reading?
33. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yes. Two. Both given to me while I was recuperating from my open-heart surgery in 2004. One’s brown, the other white. I love them both.
34. One thing you couldn't live without?
35. Do you go to church?
Not since I gave up being a Catholic – well, not intentionally. I still get shanghaied once in awhile to weddings and funerals.
36. How old are you?
37. Can you take apart a motor, put it back together, and have no extra parts?
Ask me the same question regarding a PC.
38. Are you for or against the death penalty?
Against. If we, as a society, use it then we are, as a society, no better than the criminal we are using it against. Period.
39. If there is a God and you could ask him/her one question what would it be?
What the fuck were you thinking?
40. Do you think it’s possible that there is life on other planets?
I’m still awaiting proof that there’s intelligent life here.