Friday, July 18, 2008

We're Off!

It's been a busy week. Much too busy to have written about it until now.

Come to think of it, though, there's no time now, either.

Tomorrow morning my friends and I are off to the South Jersey Shore, to the Doo-Wop Capital of the world, Wildwood, NJ.

I had the day off to prepare and to see the nutritionist one more time before my surgery and my opthalmologist as a follow-up to my eyelid surgery in May.

There were also quick trips to Barnes & Noble to buy a new road map atlas of NJ and some magazines, and to Shop-Rite to pick up farm fresh herbs because there are no farms near Wildwood, New Jersey, here in the Garden State, where the corn is as high as an elephants eye these days.

Nor do they sell toilet paper, kleenex, toothpaste or deodorant there, either. So, of course, I must pack all of those things.

Am I crazy? YOU BET!

This is my favorite part of any vacation. Making myself nuts in advance of it. I'm actually fun to watch.

While I'm gone please try to behave yourselves, don't let the world blow up, and, if possible, kill a homophobe for Christ!

Nobody deserves it more.

I'll see you in a week and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, you will see ME in a week because I have my phabulous new digital camera with the 1gig memory card capable of holding 399 pictures.

Love to you all...

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Why does this remind me of Monk packing for vacation?

Have a FABulous time, l'il bro...and I look forward to seeing great things from your new camera.

JoyZeeBoy said...

Oooooh, it was not pretty around here last night.

Fortunately, my "smart feet" took me to a meeting and I was just fine... okay, somewhat improved, afterwards.

It's just about 8:30 a.m. eastern, it's already hot and HUMID (steaming). I pick up RBA at 11:25. The car is packed (just need to pack the ice chest) and I'm ready to go.

I'll try to not be obnoxious about the pictures when I start uploading them.

Keep Kewl, Sis!

Anonymous said...

Have a great, relaxing time and try not to be obsessive about it. (giggle) Like I am...

Hugs from Asia,
~ Sil in Corea